South Korea is an enigma to most of the world , a mystery waiting to be unveiled.
Here are 10 interesting facts to discover about this mysterious land called South Korea:
1. Digital Junkies: A paradise for internet lovers as it has been judged “The world’s fastest internet connection speed” for 12 consecutive years.
2. Strong Economy: With landmass being just the size of England, South Korea has 11th largest GDP in the world.
3. Products of Economy: South Korea is the largest exporter in the world with top products being integrated circuits.
5. Domination by Samsung: Samsung is responsible for more than 20% of the entire market value of the Korean stock exchange.
6. World Heritage sites: South Korea has an impressive in 12 UNESCO world heritage sites which include Royal Palace, tombs, shrines and well-preserved hanok villages.
7. Futuristic Architecture: Seoul, the capital of South Korea is the proud possessor of a 1,819-foot lotte world tower; it is the 5th tallest building in the world.
8. Taekwondo: The national sport of the country is taekwondo which is originated here approximately 2,000 years ago.
9. Gangnam style: On December 21, 2012, “Gangnam Style” by k-pop singer Psy became the first Youtube video to reach one billion views.
10. Symbolic flag: The colour red is yang, blue is yin and the four symbols around it represent heaven, Earth, water and fire.
11. Tetraphobia: This is the fear of the Number “4” and in Korean, the number 4 sounds like “Decease” and “Died”. They go to great lengths to skip 4 just as we did.