The New railway runs from the port of Lagos which serves as Nigeria’s biggest population centre and economic hub to Ibadan, the regional capital of Oyo.
Here are 5 things you should know about the new Lagos to Ibadan railway.
1. The train covers about 156km journey between Ibadan and Lagos in 2 hours and 40 minutes or thereabout.
However, Journey times are expected to be cut to 2 hours after the inauguration of the full service on the line.
2. According to reports gathered by the Nigeria Railways Corporation Official, the train departs Ibadan for Lagos at exactly 8AM regularly with a return trip scheduled at 4PM that same day.
3. The tickets cost around N3,000 to N6,000, this is dependent on the class the passenger decides to take.
4. The Lagos-Ibadan line is a double-track standard gauge rail, the first of its kind in West Africa.
The construction of the double-track line started in 2017.
5. The Lagos-Ibadan line is the first part of a New 2,733km Lagos-Kano standard gauge line.
Reports have it that the total cost of the project was valued at $11.117BN.
Have you started using the Lagos to Ibadan railway, if yes kindly share your experience so that someone can learn from it?