On Thursday, 26 2021, the Nollywood industry was put into mourning after the veteran actor, Victor Olaotan died due to an undisclosed illness.
Although, the report says the deceased had battled a traumatic brain injury after a fatal auto accident in October 2016.
Olaotan became a famous actor for his role as Fred Ade-Williams in MNet’s popular series, Tinsel.
Here are some things to know about the late veteran actor:
1. Victor Olaotan was born on February 17, 1952, in Lagos State.
2. Olaotan studied drama at the University of Ibadan, at the Obafemi Awolowo University, and at Rockets University, United States
3. He became an actor at the age of 15 years through a teacher who was a member of the Ori Olokun Theatre group in the early 70s, prior to the death of his father.
3. He played football while in school and got his first job after his graduation as a football player for Water Corporation, Ibadan 1st Division.
4. Olaotan began his career as an actor when he joined the University of Ibadan theatre group, where he met other artists, such as Professor Wole Soyinka and Jimi Solanke among others.
5. Olaotan starred in a soap opera by Laolu Ogunniyi called ‘Candles in The Wind’ and also worked at NTA Ibadan where he produced Yoruba and English drama In 1974.
6. In 1981, he accompanied former President Shehu Shagari to the United States to have a meeting with President Ronald Regan.
7. Olaotan was also a model. Growing up he admired Fela’s style and how he popped his collar.