You will agree with me that the Silhouette challenge is currently a viral sensation that is making serious waves across all the social media platforms.
We all know that it’s a common thing for songs to have social media challenge but for the case of Silhouette challenge, it’s completely different as it brings out a 1959 old song back to the limelight.
Many people who were not aware of the ‘Put your hands on my shoulders’ song by Paul Anka now vibe to it, all thanks to the trending Silhouette Challenge.
As interesting as the Silhouette challenge is, Paul Anka who is the man behind the song is not even an influencer of the Silhouette Challenge.
For some people who still want to know what Silhouette Challenge is all about, I will be giving you every detail you need to know below.
Meaning of Silhouette Challenge
Silhouette Challenge is about 1-minute tik-tok video that Users create as they pose in a seductive way around a door side or frame before they will later turn to the black silhouette in the red background without putting on clothes.
The switch from normal background to Silhouette always follows the sequence of the song.
Once the lyrics of the song start from “Put your hands on my shoulder”, the lighting of the video will change from normal background to a red background, making the user naked in Silhouette.
What We Know About ‘Put Your Hands On My Shoulder’?
‘Put your hands on my shoulder’ is a song by Canadian singer and songwriter, Paul Anka.
It’s actually a love song which talks about the story of a person who is finding trust and commitment in a relationship as the title implies.
In the song, it says “Hold me in your arms, baby, show me that you love me too…”
Paul Anka wrote and recorded the song in 1959, the year he was at the peak of his fame as a pop singer.
Anka captured the tenderness of the 1950’s teenage popular culture in the song.
In 2021, It looks like the evergreen song is still gaining popularity in the midst young people as many have jumped on the Silhouette challenge trend.
According to Paul Anka, the inspiration of the song came from his fans whom he is always observing during his live performances.
Who Is Paul Anka – The Man Behind the song titled “Put Your Head On My Shoulder”?
Canadian-American singer, songwriter and actor, Paul Anka is the brain behind the social media trend #SilhouetteChallenge background song.
Paul Anka was born on July 30, 1941, in Ottawa-Ontario, to a Canadian parent.
His father name is Andrew Emile Anika Sr. while his mother name is Camelia, both of Lebanese descent.
Paul Anka recorded his first music single titled “I Confess”, at the age of 14 but he actually hit the limelight after the release of his single, Diana.
His contribution to the industry has been so massive to the extent that he was invited by late Michael Jackson for a collaboration of a song “I Never Heard, Love Never Felt So Good” in 1983.
The songwriter who has featured in many songs started his acting career with the movie “The Longest Day”.
No doubt this is definitely Paul Anka’s year as his old song “Put Your Head On My Shoulder’ has now gathered him over 62 million views on Youtube.
See The Quick Way On How To Record And Edit Silhouette Challenge Video
- Firstly, You need to find a doorway where you will record a video of yourself.
- Stand in front of it and record the first part of the video showing yourself wearing normal clothes under full lightning.
- After that, you will then do the silhouette section.
- In order to do this, You will need to launch your Snapchat app to film the second part and you will then apply one filter called ‘Vin Rouge’.
- After doing that, turn off the lights apart from one light in the room behind you.
- This is needed for the silhouette section to work effectively.
- You must also ensure you wear tight clothes in order to add to the effect.
- Now all you need to now is to save both clips and edit them.
- You can use video editing app such as Inshot, Video show, Viva video to edit the videos.
- Once you are done, Add the Put Your Head On My Shoulder Song as the background music also take note of which part of the song to use transition.
- Lastly, share your first silhouette video on your Tiktok app or other social media platforms for the world to see you.