Joe Biden has emerged as the president-elect of United States of America after defeating the sitting President, Donald Trump with over 270 votes in the electoral college.
Below are amazing things to know about US President-Elect, Biden
1) Joseph Biden Jr was born on November 20, 1942 which means that he will be 78 this month.
2) late Neilia Hunter was the first wife of Biden but died in a car crash in 1972 with her infant daughter, Naomi; her two sons, Beau and Hunter, were severely injured but survived.
Biden later got married to Jill Tracy Jacobs that same year.
3) He is an American Politician and the President-Elect of the United States after defeating the sitting President, Donald Trump in the 2020 Presidential election.
4) Biden will be inaugurated as the 46th President in January 2021.
5) Biden who is a member of the Democratic Party had previously served as the 47th vice president from 2009 – 2017 and United States Senator for Delaware from 1973 – 2009.
6) He was raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania and New Castle County, Delaware.
7) He was elected a New Castle County Councilor in 1970, and became the sixth-youngest senator in American history when he was elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972.
8) Biden was reelected to the Senate six times and was the fourth -most senior senator when he resigned to become Barrack Obama’s vice president.
9) In April 2019, Biden started his Presidential rally and reached the delegate threshold needed to secure the Democratic nomination in June 2020.
10) He is only the second non-incumbent Vice- president to become President-elect of the United States since Richard Nixon in 1968.
Culled from Wikipedia